As we edge closer to ‘Freedom Day’ on the 19th July we want to remind you that our highest priority is the safety and well-being of both our patients and our staff members here at Dental Elements. Though we are emerging out of the woods, we are very aware that there could still be some way to go. We may be over the pandemic, but the pandemic is not over.
In line with government and official infection control policies, our “standard operating procedure” will be maintained for the foreseeable future with no immediate changes on July 19th 2021. To remind those that are not already aware, the significant points of this operating protocol are:-
- Covid screening prior to your appointment upon booking and immediately before your appointment and before entering the building.
- Temperature checks and hand sanitising gel upon entering the building.
- Toilets are currently out of use unless essential so please use the toilet at home prior to your visit as much as you can!
- MANDATORY use of facemasks in the building until you are in the surgery room (this is to minimise risk of possible infection to other people such as non-clinical staff members and other patients in areas such as corridors and reception). Exceptions will be made if you are medically exempt.
- Full PPE for clinical staff for any dental procedures that generate aerosols. As many of you are now used to, we look a little bit different to how we used to! This is to protect not only ourselves but also to minimise the risk of transmitting Covid to others.
- Waiting rooms are currently out of use. This is to minimise the number of people in the building at any one time which in turn helps minimise the risk of transmission between people
on top of all other measures taken. We politely request that you wait either in your car or outside the practice (not by the front door to allow space for people to enter and exit the building). We realise that this is sometimes an inconvenience but your patience would be greatly appreciated in this effort to minimise the risk of spread.
We politely request that you do try and bear with us and help us with our efforts to maximise the safety policies in place to ensure that Dental Elements continues being the safe environment it always has been and to reassure everybody that comes to see us that they are not only being cared for in terms of their oral health but also that we have done every possible measure and beyond to minimise the risk of Covid. As ever, it is always a team effort not only from my wonderful staff members but also our patients. Many of our patients are clinically vulnerable and it is vital that we take every measure possible to keep everyone safe but especially those more vulnerable.
We do ask that if you have tested positive or someone you have been in close contact with has tested positive for Coronavirus, you delay your treatment and contact the practice to rearrange your visit.
Lastly, but just as importantly, please remember to be kind. My wonderful, wonderful team have been working flat out and above and beyond since we reopened in June 2020. We have completely rejigged our working pattern to create extended working hours and extra clinics and employed new staff and clinicians to minimise the disruption caused by Covid on our diary, wait times and appointment times. I do consider each and every one of them to be superheroes but in reality, we are but human. Therefore, I find it especially difficult when my team members are not treated in a manner that would be deserving of anyone, let alone to somebody who continually goes out of their way to help people. I understand that the pandemic has brought out a lot of difficulties and situations for some that would otherwise not have occurred but there is never an excuse for aggressive and abusive behaviour towards my team members. This has occurred with somewhat higher frequency over the past year or so and our zero tolerance policy would mean that these digressions would result in having to find another dental practice for ongoing care.
To keep things moving forward, we would appreciate it so much if you could help us by planning as much notice as possible for your check ups and treatments so we can schedule our teams accordingly and ensure a perfect experience for you.
We thank you so so much for your patience and continued support and look forward to welcoming you this summer.
Jon and the Dental Elements team